Csound in extras?

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Sun Aug 13 01:20:15 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-08-12 at 12:27 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 17:09 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I seem to recall seeing a mail recently asking whether Csound
> > (http://www.csounds.com/ ) was suitable for proposal to Fedora Extras,
> > but there were some legal questions.  Am I eating too many magic
> > shrooms?
>
> Csound5 is now lgpl, see:
>   http://csound.sourceforge.net/
> (that was not the case with the previous major version)

Yeah, I confirmed this with Barry personally on Friday.  I also
inspected a bunch of the code for 5.02.1 and found that LGPL license
headers are present on source files as well.

What's _not_ FLOSS are some of the samples that are traditionally
bundled with Csound, for example in the RPM available from the download
site.  Those aren't included in the source tarball though, so I think
I'll go ahead and put together a proposal for Extras.

dan