coverity code checker in Extras

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 16:22:23 UTC 2006

On 8/31/06, Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:
> Same thing in principle.  Why does Coverity need to be in our build
> system?  It could very well work asynchronously outside of Fedora from
> our SRPMS.

I would really prefer this sort of outside the fenceline cooperation.
I don't have any problem with Coverity hosting a service that chews on
our publicly accessible data like the srpms and then spits back
reports to us (in an open file format of course :->).

Is it even worthwhile to think about anything other than asynchronous
scans?  Wouldn't this slow down build process significantly if these
scans were tied into the building of every package?

-jef