coverity code checker in Extras

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu Aug 31 22:57:22 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 16:31 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 04:20:12PM -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> > Is there any extra hardware available?  The Coverity bits don't run on
> > PPC yet either, they are i386 & x86-64 only right now, so we don't need
> > any more OpenPOWER boxes, only a few more Dells.
>
> Since it's doing source-code analysis, is there any reason (other than
> speeding up the process) that it this needs more than one?

The only concern I would have is that since the source analysis takes
longer than the actual build, having just one machine may lead to
backlogs.  If there's too much time between the build in the buildsys
and the analysis on the parallel machines, the repos might be too
different as well.  There are all manner of time-based repo race
conditions here that we don't encounter now because we don't have two
systems building stuff at different times with the same repo.

Dan