Update of the fish package

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 11:29:09 UTC 2006

On 01/08/06, Axel Liljencrantz <liljencrantz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the tip, that makes a lot of sense. I provide you with a
> revised, unified monster. It is hardcoded to handle all known fedora
> versions correctly, and in case of a non-fedora system, it falls back
> to checking the layout of the filesystem and performing an educated
> guess as to the correct dependencies.

It is my understanding that including cruft in the spec file to allow
it to build on non fedora distributions is strongly discouraged in
extras - the spec files in fedora extras are for fedora. So I would
suggest removing the %if 0%{?fedora} parts.

That said, I don't see any directives in the packaging guidelines
about this - perhaps we need clarification on this matter.

Jonathan