Re: FC5 tripwire RPM & possible maintainer available.

On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 11:50:49AM +0100, Kyrian wrote:
> I guess i'm fairly well placed to become its maintainer, if there's a
> vacancy, etc.

There is a vacancy, you can see that when checking who is owning the
package in the owners.list in CVS. Currently it says
extras-orphan fedoraproject org, which means it's free to grab.

But I'm not sure how it works if you are no contributor yet and need
to work on an existing package. Theoretically you need to submit a new
package first, but these guidelines are being reworked. So perhaps ask
on fesco irc meetings on Thursdays or maybe someone will already
answer on list.

(Check the wiki on details of irc meeting, orphan package management,
sponsoring of new contributors, cvs etc).
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net