Re: Cross-compilers.

On Sun, Jul 23, 2006 at 08:15:18AM -0400, David Woodhouse wrote:
> How much interest would there be in getting a bunch of cross-compilers
> into Extras?

A very good idea.

> It'd be particularly nice if we could install native -devel packages
> into each toolchain's sysroot

I don't think installing packages of a foreign arch is easy w/o an
emulator. You have scriptlets (%post and friends) that need to run on
the target arch's platform. E.g. even installing glibc calls
/usr/sbin/glibc_post_upgrade.* which would have to be emulated.

-devel usually has no scriplets, but the pulled in main lib package
will at the very least want to call ldconfig.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net