Overriding kernel modules

Hi,

There is a feature in FC4/FC5 kernels that allow to override modules from them by placing files in /lib/modules/$kernel_version/updates. There is also a policy in FE that prohibit replacement of a Core package. In the case of this feature, this is not exactly a replacement.

Would this be allowed in FE ?
And if yes, how should that be packaged ? This is not covered in the packaging kernel modules guidelines.

Just for a little background, I'm interested in this feature because I use a development version (openchrome) of the X driver for via chipsets (unichrome/unichrome pro) that requires more recent drm kernel modules than the ones in upstream kernel to work to their full extend.

Regards,

Xavier