Planning next version of rpmdevtools

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu Aug 10 20:05:51 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 00:12 +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> Rename scripts (with appropriate backwards compat symlinks for a while):
> * fedora-extract -> extractarchive

After having used the new package locally from CVS for a while, my left
hand already protests against this change, it says "extracta<TAB>" is
too hard to type repeatedly and shorter variants before the <TAB> are
not unique here :).  So unless someone is aware of a conflict this would
cause, I'm going to re-rename it as "xvf" - see top of the script for
where that name comes from.

In addition to the above, in the TODO list are *.pyo related changes to
the Python spec template (as discussed in today's packaging committee
meeting, see http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/GuidelinesTodo),
and the PHP spec template stuff.

Unless something unexpected happens, I'm going to push 5.0 at end of
next week to devel, and to FE5 a bit later.  The PHP stuff will make it
in this release if it's ready, otherwise an update will be pushed later
when it is.