.pyo files

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Fri Aug 11 00:00:43 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 00:50 +0200, Christian Iseli wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> The packaging rules for python modules were amended and .pyo files
> shall no longer be %ghosted but must be provided in the package.
>
> I expect the Packaging wiki pages will be updated shortly...
>
> Anyway, I was asked to file BZ tickets to get all python packages in
> devel fixed.

Hey Christian,

Go ahead and work on this, but hold off on actually implementing it for
a bit.  I'm going to post the details to fedora-maintainers as well so
packagers in both Core and Extras get a chance to holler if they have an
issue.

With Jeremy's support for the change, I doubt there'll be a problem but
just in case :-)

-Toshio

P.S. The packaging committee usually asks for comments from FESCo and
Core and then the policy goes into effect the following week if there
were no objections.