Re: Multi-Lib Question

On Saturday 12 August 2006 20:27, Christopher Stone wrote:
> After thinking about this a bit I realize the devel packages would
> conflict with the header files.
>
> It seems to me that the best solution to this problem is to create
> noarch and arch specific devel packages.  So header files can go in
> the noarch part and the .a and .so files can go in the arch specific
> part.  The noarch package would depend on the arch specific one.

Fedora Core 5's multi-lib environment was geared toward running 32bit apps,
and only a small number of packages were setup to be multi-lib.

In FC6, we're also targetting app development, and as such made some changes
to rpm and to our tree building software so that any package that has
a -devel subpackage will be considered multi-lib and brought into the tree.
If you wish to test this out, please try Fedora Core 6 Test 2.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora