[Fedora Project Wiki] Update of "Extras/FC6Status" by ChrisWeyl

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Tue Aug 15 00:35:55 UTC 2006

On 8/13/06, Michael Schwendt <bugs.michael at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 19:22:14 -0000, fedorawiki-noreply at fedoraproject.org wrote:
>
> > The following page has been changed by ChrisWeyl:
> > http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/FC6Status

> > -
> > +  * gaim-gaym - upstream code is not yet ready for the level of gaim in fc6
>
> Pardon? Builds have been released for fc5 and fc4 already long ago, so
> removing the packages from the devel repo would break the upgrade path.

Right, unfortunately this plugin works with gaim1, not gaim2+.  I've
been beating up on upstream since gaim2 made it into devel, but always
with the response "when gaim2 goes GA, we'll update."  And who knows
when that'll be.   Not even the CVS code supports gaim2 yet,
unfortunately.

Soo...  Right now, short of my writing a patch to make the necessary
changes (which I'm close to doing, non-trivial as I suspect it might
be), at least removing this package from fc6 will keep people from
trying to install it under fresh builds.

                           -Chris

--
Chris Weyl
Ex astris, scientia