Attention kernel module project packagers!

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Aug 15 12:56:13 UTC 2006

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 01:48:05PM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 14:34 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > An argument against adopting kmdls presented by Thorsten Leemhuis is
> > that
> >
> > * it's too late now to fix it, we should live on with kmod bugs for
> >   RHEL5's life-cycle (ending 2012 ...)
> >
> > * too many packages for kmod are written (but actually there is only one
> >   in Fedora Extras 5, the rest is pending or in other repos and if
> >   other repos count, then ATrpms has several dozens of kmdls :)
>
> I think this argument is invalid. We should ban _all_ module packages
> from Core and Extras anyway.

That's a valid viewpoint. Assuming Fedora Core/Extras indeed bans all
external kernel module packages, does it have the authority/interest
to maintain a kernel module packaging guide? If not who should?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net