Re: Ok to change description in owners.list

Hans de Goede wrote:
Hi all,

2 questions:

1) Must the description in owners.list exactly match the rpm summary?
2) May the descriotion be changed after the initial adding of a package
   to owners.list?

AFAIK, there is no rule that says the description in owners.list must match the Summary: in the spec file. I know for a fact that a handful of my own packages don't match (because I was too lazy to open up the spec file when I was adding them to owners.list).

I'm asking because I would like to change the description of a few libraries I maintain to include the word library (but only in onwers.list, not in the rpms) to stop Chris's comps nag mails from nagging me :)

I wouldn't bother unless you are extremely bored, or really bothered by the nag mails. :)

--Mike