New category needed for compsXML: i18n

Ryo Dairiki ryo-dairiki at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Aug 16 14:44:57 UTC 2006

Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 05:02:27PM +0900, Ryo Dairiki wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm thinking of writing compsXML for SCIM related packages,
>> and I need a new category like "I18n" or "Internationalization" for them.
>> Where can I request it? Or just posting here is enough?
>>

> I am fairly ignorant on that subject, but aren't I18n related packages
> like libraries, and pulled as dependencies by the apps that use them?
> Are they of use by themselves?
>
> --
> Pat

Not, really.

There are some extra packages in that category.
For example, special input methods, and special composing dictionaries.

I own "scim-skk", which is yet another input method for Japanese.
As you know, the default input method for Japanese in Fedora is
"scim-anthy",
which is installed by dependencies on Japanese environments.
But there are some people who prefer scim-skk to scim-anthy.
For such people, scim-skk must shown in the list of apps to install.
Just installed by dependencies is not a good idea.

Ryo Dairiki