Re: groupdel in a spec file

On Sun, 2006-08-20 at 15:16 +0100, Paul wrote:

> Is there any caveats for checking to ensure that other users won't have
> things broken should the rpm be removed? Or anything else that should be
> observed prior to the groupdel being executed?

The problem is that such a check is AFAIK pretty much impossible to do
sanely.  Both leaving users/groups behind and removing them at final
erase time have their disadvantages, but I think the smaller evil is to
not remove any groups (or users) created by packages -- leave it for the
sysadmin to take care of if they so desire, and ensure that package
installation doesn't fail if the desired user/group already exists at
install time.