Re: [Possible Spam] Re: SPF failures nuke fedora-extras* msgs from redhat.com

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 04:04:54PM +0200, Paul Wouters wrote:
> First, I believe this is stock spamassassin rpm packaging, so that would
> then be a fedora bug. But second, AFAIK, it *is* what SPF is for. If a

It does seem odd that it's getting flagged for you when it shouldn't be.)

> machine claiming to send on behalf of a domain is not listed in a TXT
> record for that domain, then it is a roque sender and therefor fake,
> and therefor should be dropped.

It should *not* be dropped -- it should be flagged for further inspection.
This is the only way to make SPF compatible with the existing internet.
(Otherwise, SRS would have to be implemented everywhere, and SRS is kinda
nasty.)