SPF failures nuke fedora-extras* msgs from redhat.com

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Mon Aug 21 20:42:20 UTC 2006

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, Paul Wouters wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, Warren Togami wrote:
>
>> stock spamassassin does SPF only if you install the optional
>> perl-Mail-SPF-Query from Fedora Extras.
>
> Correct. Which I have done.
>
>> http://david.woodhou.se/why-not-spf.html
>
> Let's not discuss the usefulness of SPF here....

Yes I know, do not confuse the issue with facts!!

>> There is a good reason why we don't enable SPF by default in Fedora.  It is
>> not particularly useful at protecting you against spam.
>
> If that is redhat's opinion, they should stop publishing spf records. If it is

There are some good reasons to publish SPF records even if you do not believe in it.
I publish SPF records for some of my domains because certain large email providers
require it of you wanr/need to pass large amounts of mail through their systems.
They do not even reject mail based soley on SPF records. It is used as a method for
scoring.

Regards,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl at rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com