Re: [Possible Spam] Re: [Possible Spam] Re: SPF failures nuke fedora-extras* msgs from redhat.com

On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 19:54 +0200, Paul Wouters wrote:
> If that is redhat's opinion, they should stop publishing spf records.

Do not mistake the publication of records by Red Hat sysadmins for a
company policy which approves of such a stupid scheme.

This _has_ been raised internally but I wouldn't really expect it to
change any time soon. In the meantime, the company just continues to
advertise its technical cluelessness in this particular respect.

> So, either this should go to the sysadmins responsoble for redhat, or it should
> go as a bug report to perl-Mail-SPF-Query. I'm happy to do either if I know
> which one is correct.

Personally, I think we should drop perl-Mail-SPF-Query, or at _least_
modify our SpamAssassin package so that it needs to be _explicitly_
asked to do SPF rather than doing so by default if the package is
installed.

--
dwmw2