Autodownloader for free(gratis) legal but not redistributable game content

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Wed Aug 23 14:39:23 UTC 2006

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Hans de Goede (j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl) said:
>> So my question basicly is what do others think about this? Does this for
>> example break the 100% FOSS goal of Fedora, IMHO it doesn't but its a
>> bit murky.
>
> Well, we don't patch the plugin autofinder out of firefox.

True, good point.

 > However,
> firefox is generally useful outside of any plugins - I'm not sure that
> these game engines are.

Also true, but so is for example prboom / vavoom (with freedoom), still
it would be nice to add a desktop shortcut called Heretic Shareware
which would download and install the heretic shareware datafiles (if the
user agrees) and then run vavoom with those to give the user heretic.

Regards,

Hans