extend AWOL/MIA Maintainer Policy to all packages from an maintainer

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 07:42:28 UTC 2006

On 8/24/06, Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:
> Hiyas,
>
> I just realized that the actual AWOL/MIA Maintainer Policy is in my opionion
> missing a major detail. It is only about one package that is neglected but I
> guess in reality an AWOL/MIA maintainer will neglect all of his packages. For
> this reason the policy should target how to proceed with all packages of the
> maintainer, e.g. checking how many issues are open and whether or not they
> are up-to-date. Also the Policy does not tell what to do if noone wants to
> adopt a package from an missing maintainer.

I think the Policy is aimed at the package level because each package
should get a new maintainer, so you don't have to get the whole lot.
However, after the first package is transferred, I think the procedure
for the others should be short-circuited to the last step to speed up
things

The question about what to do in case we don't find a new maintainer
is still open...