OT:? flash used in redhat website

Sander Hoentjen sander at hoentjen.eu
Thu Aug 24 16:20:07 UTC 2006

Hi,

Not sure where i should post this, so i'll start in the extras list.

I am subscribed to Red Hat Magazine. In the latest edition I got, "Red
Hat Magazine August: How to set up a home web server", there is a link
to "Kids are alright" ( which leads to
http://www.redhat.com/magazine/022aug06/features/rhh/ ).
On the bottom of the page there is a link to "Watch the
slideshow" (which leads to
http://www.redhat.com/v/swf/rhm022_rhh/slideshow_rhh.html ).
I am using Fedora rawhide x86_64, and am not aware of any flash player
for my platform (yes there is gnash but it's packaging is in progress,
not finished yet). Are there any available? If not, I find the choice
for having the slideshow in flash kind of strange, since there are other
ways to have a slideshow that can be played with software that is
readily available in Fedora (and my guess is RHEL suffers from the
same?)

Sorry if this is off-topic, please let me know what would be the right
place to ask this question.

Sander