Re: [Possible Spam] Re: SPF failures nuke fedora-extras* msgs from redhat.com

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006, Leszek Matok wrote:

> All this thread went to discussion about SPF usefulness and why a
> program should not change behavior without any change in the
> configuration. But the parent was talking about a bug when this
> particular Perl module returned SPF failure for a host which was
> published (maybe because it was ip4 with a prefix length?). Or was
> forwarding the cause? :)

*hangs head in shame*

Yes, forwarding was involved. I changed my subscription to this new
address that doesn't do forwarding, and it no longer happening.

So, no bug in the SPF code or packages, but Operator error. (mine,
and as you argue, perhaps redhat's)

Paul