gcin FC4 and FC3 branch

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Fri Aug 25 14:32:01 UTC 2006

Chung-Yen Chang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Althrough Fedora Core provides SCIM for CJK InputMethod, but the scim
> still not good enough for Traditional Chinese people to use it. (Most
> of Traditional Chinese people, especially in Taiwan, prefer gcin than
> scim.)
> So my reason to request gcin branch for FC-3 and FC-4 is simple.
> Now I still maintain and package the gcin for FC5 FC4 FC3 and RHEL4 on
> cle.linux.org.tw. (People can download gcin from
> http://cle.linux.org.tw/gcin/)
> Because I want to make it easy to use gcin for those people still
> using FC-3 and FC-4, so I request FC-3 FC-4 branch, too.
> If branch for FC-3 and FC-4 is really discouraged, it is OK.
> I will give up to request it. (I can just put FC3 and FC4 RPMs on
> http://cle.linux.org.tw/gcin/)
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Chung-Yen Chang

I failed to see this message yesterday prior to the FESCo meeting where
we voted down branching of this package, seemingly due to lack of
explanation from the CVS branch request.  I apologize for this.

So chewing is not good enough?

I guess can reconsider branching of gcin.  You seem to want to continue
maintaining FC-3+ branches for a while, and your users want it.

BTW, is there any scim-gcin bridge?

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com