Changing E-Mail Address

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at nurfuerspam.de
Sat Aug 26 10:51:11 UTC 2006

Am Samstag, den 26.08.2006, 08:52 +0200 schrieb Christian Nolte:

> >      1. Create an new GPG key for your new email and publish it on the
> >         keyservers
> >      2. Edit your email and GPG KeyID at
> >         https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/userbox.cgi?_edit=1
> >      3. download a new ~/.fedora.cert from
> >         https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/gen-cert.cgi
> >      4. Change your email in owners.list
> >      5. Change your email in bugzilla
> >      6. Edit ~/.plague-client.cfg and insert your new email
> >      7. Revoke the old GPG key if everthing is working
> >
> > Steps 5 and 6 need to be done within one hour, otherwise Bugzilla will
> > start to send out warnings to you because of the mismatching addresses.
>
> Thank you very much, Christoph! That indeed helps. Do you think that
> this question qualifies for a wiki entry?

Hi Christian,

don't really know, at least this procedure has worked well for me twice.
If you would like to make a wiki page for this, feel free to do so, I'm
very busy ATM. Please don't forget mention what Till and Josh wrote:

      * Publish the key to hkp://pgp.mit.edu. Most of us are using this
        server by default I guess.
      * A new GPG Key is not really needed, as well as you don't have to
        revoke the old one. Nevertheless IMHO the email in the key
        should match the address you are using.

Thanks
Christoph

--
Please do not sent private messages to this address, it is not beeing
monitored.

Bitte keine persönlichen Nachrchten an diese Adresse senden, sie wird
nicht überwacht.