Summary - Broken dependencies in Fedora Extras - 2006-08-25

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sun Aug 27 09:29:27 UTC 2006

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 02:57:18 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> MS> What I meant is that building a broken package doesn't change the
> MS> situation much. Now pyxdg is available again, but still broken and
> MS> hence still breaking fluxbox. ;o)
>
> I don't really understand what is broken.

Bugzilla has the info for almost a year now. Just query the pyxdg bug
reports. That is the least thing you ought to do before touching somebody's
package.

> The package built, I just
> submitted it to the buildsys as someone suggested that I step up and
> do.  If you know so much about the situation, why don't you add some
> useful comments?

The package needs real maintenance, not just a slave who triggers a build.

If you don't consider my comments useful, I can't help it. :(
Bugzilla is your friend. I've added you to Cc list of a ticket, so you
should have received a notification meanwhile.

The situation is that we've tried to contact the maintainer in bugzilla
for a very long time without success.