Requesting EditGroup access

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Sun Aug 27 18:23:00 UTC 2006

On Thursday 24 August 2006 14:53, Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:
> On Thursday 24 August 2006 16:17, Till Maas wrote:
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/WikiEditing#head-3d4b8815f923a8f137fb466901
> >ca 2cf1b567cf0f says that one needs to contact someone in EditGroup to get
> > EditGroup access but does not mention
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EditGroupQueue
>
> I updated WikiEditing to mention EditGroupQueue,

The reason that EditGroupQueue was undocumented is that it is a new
alternative and we had still been testing it.  We've agreed that now is as
good a time as any to roll it out, but it still only serves as a fallback,
not a replacement, to contacting someone.  We want the human interaction to
help protect against abuse and to encourage people who want to edit the wiki
to learn how to work with the community.  I've updated the WikiEditing page
accordingly.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com