"Language support" category is needed in comps.xml.

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Sun Aug 27 20:19:22 UTC 2006

Ryo Dairiki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As I post before, I need "internationalization", "i18n", or "language
> support" category in comps.xml for my scim related packages of Fedora
> Extras. Where can I ask them for? Any help is welcomed.
>
> Regards,
> Ryo Dairiki <ryo-dairiki at users.sourceforge.net>

We already have language specific groups in Core's comps.xml.

  <group>
    <id>japanese-support</id>
    <name>Japanese Support</name>
    <uservisible>false</uservisible>

If you choose these "Language Support" groups during installation, or
within pirut, or yum groupinstall, it will automatically pull in
packages in those language groups.  This is typically anything related
to that particular language in fonts, input methods or other supporting
software.

Is this insufficient to satisfy your request?

Another thought...  For the user visible comps groups, we are not
supposed to duplicate packages into multiple categories.  But due to the
overlapping nature of packages supporting various languages, language
groups often have duplicate packages that exist in many other language
groups (like scim).

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com