Re: Proposal: unmaintained.release file in CVS

MS> Feasible, but half-hearted unless there is some strict policy on
MS> who may touch such "unmaintained" packages.

We have no such strict policy on who may touch even maintained
packages now.

The intention is to indicate when a package release is unmaintained.
Nothing more.  Lack of this indication has caused problems in the past
and will continue to do so.  I am not proposing any change in policy
with respect to unmaintained release branches, since there is none.
They already exist, but nobody has any clue as to which branches are
maintained and which are not.

 - J<