Re: We'll officially orphan Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams packages

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

Please keep ignacio's email into the CC field of owners.list when you
take over a package. We still hope that he joins us again. If that
happens please consider to give him his packages back if he shows
interest in them again.

Ignacio is free to take packages back if they remain orphaned when he returns. Otherwise it is the choice of the new owner to be a co-maintainers or to hand ownership over completely. In most cases I suspect folks are not so possessive to care if others that they trust co-maintain packages.

The important part of this is to uphold responsibility, that someone is there to deal with issues that arise against a given package rather than bugs go into a black hole.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com