We'll officially orphan Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams packages

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Aug 28 16:18:58 UTC 2006

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> Please keep ignacio's email into the CC field of owners.list when you
> take over a package. We still hope that he joins us again. If that
> happens please consider to give him his packages back if he shows
> interest in them again.

Ignacio is free to take packages back if they remain orphaned when he
returns.  Otherwise it is the choice of the new owner to be a
co-maintainers or to hand ownership over completely.  In most cases I
suspect folks are not so possessive to care if others that they trust
co-maintain packages.

The important part of this is to uphold responsibility, that someone is
there to deal with issues that arise against a given package rather than
bugs go into a black hole.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com