numpy

Jarod Wilson jwilson at redhat.com
Mon Aug 28 20:24:38 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 14:09 -0600, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 18:16 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > [...]
> >> As FC6 is approaching and Ignacio seems to be AWOL for a long time now
> >> we'll speed up the AWOL process. In other words: All of Ignacio's
> >> packages are hereby considered orphaned. It's sad to lose such a major
> >> contributor, but we can't avoid it any longer.
> >>
> >> I added all of his 52 packages to a separate section on
> >> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/OrphanedPackages
> >>
> >> Here's the list:
> > [...]
> >> numpy
> >
> > I'd like to take numpy.
>
> Jarod -
>
>    Any plans on getting 1.0 into devel/FC6?  Not sure when the 1.0 final
> release is supposed to be.  I package matplotlib which I'm thinking
> should be moved to use numpy as its default numerix package when 1.0 is
> out.

Assuming I do end up taking numpy over, yes, I'd definitely put together
a 1.0 package once its released.

Another reason for my wanting to take over numpy is to see if I can't
smooth the process of transitioning from the deprecated python-numeric
to numpy in Core, as discussed on the list a month or two ago.

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson at redhat.com