Re: We'll officially orphan Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams packages

Brandon Holbrook wrote:
Brandon Holbrook wrote:
Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
Here's the list:
alltray deskbar-applet ecore edb edje eet embryo evas f2py fltk fyre
ghasher gnet2 gnome-applet-music gnome-applet-rhythmbox
gnome-theme-clearlooks gnome-theme-clearlooks-bigpack gpredict hamlib
leafpad libifp libosip libosip2 libsexy linphone lock-keys-applet
mimetex MochiKit mod_auth_pam moodle nautilus-search-tool notecase numpy
OpenEXR ortp pam_mysql php-json pyparsing python-amara python-cpio
python-formencode python-HTMLgen python-json python-nose
python-sqlobject python-TestGears repoml soundconverter sqlite sqlite2
TurboGears wp_tray
Per BZ#198564 and previous extras-list threads, I'll take php-json, as well as mod_auth_pam

So it seems that KonstantinRyabitsev <http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/KonstantinRyabitsev> had already put his name beside php-json on the Wiki. What happens when multiple people request to take over an orphaned package?

Talk to each other. Ultimately Fedora is a shared responsibility in the community, and in most cases people don't mind sharing the burden of package maintenance. Just communicate with him and decide together what happens.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com