coverity code checker in Extras

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Wed Aug 30 19:58:44 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 14:29 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> DL> That's true, but if we automated a coverity run on every FE
> DL> package and published the results on the web, we might have
> DL> upstream projects wondering "Why is my project not included in
> DL> Fedora Extras ?"...
>
> Which would certainly be a plus.
>
> Please don't get the impression that I'm against this; I just think
> everyone needs to be clear on what the expectations are, and how this
> interacts with the other maintainer responsibilities (which, indeed,
> have yet to be fully defined).

Sure.  And to note, Dan said the results would be available via the web.
He did not say that they'd be available via bugzilla.  So as a
recommended procedure, I'd say run coverity and publish the results on
this web location.  Interested maintainers can take that information and
open bugs against their packages.

That puts the onus on the maintainers to go look and doesn't make it
required.  And if nobody goes and looks at the results... I guess it's
no different than how things exist today in that regard :).

josh