Mock and squid

Ian Chapman packages at amiga-hardware.com
Wed Aug 30 23:57:08 UTC 2006

Paul Howarth wrote:
> Anybody have squid working well with mock?

I've been using it for a while with mock and as far as I can tell, it's
working OK for me.

> cache_swap_low 95
> cache_swap_high 98
> maximum_object_size 150000 KB
> maximum_object_size_in_memory 8 MB
> cache_replacement_policy heap LFUDA
> memory_replacement_policy heap LFUDA
> cache_dir ufs /var/spool/squid 4400 16 256
> acl localnet src 192.168.2.0/24
> http_access allow localnet
> memory_pools_limit 64 MB

Seems sane enough to me, but here's mine for reference (340GB partition)

cache_swap_low 97
cache_swap_high 99
maximum_object_size 409600 KB
maximum_object_size_in_memory 200 KB
cache_replacement_policy heap LFUDA
memory_replacement_policy lru
cache_dir aufs /backup/squidcache 15000 16 256
acl localnet dstdomain .homenet.lan
acl homenet src 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
no_cache deny localnet
http_access allow homenet

Apart from that, I have additional configuration options to continue
downloading files to the cache, even if the client aborts.

> After several mock builds, it's using only a small
> percentage of the available space:
>
> /dev/mapper/VgBuildSys-squid
>                        5160576    489928   4408504  11% /var/spool/squid

If it's using just short of 500MB, are you sure it's not working? I
can't see a few mock builds taking up much space, 500MB seems
reasonable. My squid cache is currently using 4.5GB but that's been used
by mock to build RPMs for  fc4, fc5 and devel, for both i386 and ppc for
a few months. I see lots of RELEASE lines for rpms in my store.log but
these are usually for my local repo, which I've told squid never to cache.

--
Ian Chapman.