Re: Fedora's FLOSS principles (was: coverity code checker in Extras)

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:00:11 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> That's a different model from the one discussed, e.g. embedding a
> non-FLOSS checker into the buildsystem.

I don't think anyone yet proposed to embed Coverity directly *into* the
buildsys.  The question was more whether we'd be interested to see
Coverity scans for all FE packages.  The *how* we generate the reports
comes later I think...

> I agree, this is an acceptable model of "cooperation", which isn't an
> explicit cooperation at all, just as you outline. But from the
> discussion I'm not sure whether this is the targeted model, most
> visions of using this technology are far more intrusive than simply
> having an external entity file some bugs.

Let's get to first things first: do we like to get bug reports
uncovered through Coverity ?

					Christian