Fedora's FLOSS principles (was: coverity code checker in Extras)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Aug 31 14:39:57 UTC 2006

On Thursday 31 August 2006 07:15, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Furthermore the fact that you mentioned in other posts to this thread,
> that FC uses beehive which is closed source, has its truth and shame,
> but whenever this was (seldomly) addressed in the past people kept
> saying that they would iron it out and open-source it.

Just a nit to pick here.  We've retired beehive for Fedora as it was utter
crap by this point.  We're now using mock at the base level to do all the
building.  Our own scheduler and package DB sits on top of mock to do our
builds.  We're discussing if / how we can release parts of the scheduler and
DB schema that would make sense in the outside world.  So we _have_ taken a
step forward, in that at the base level our buildsystem IS open source.  The
part that _really_ matters.  We have a ways to go, and I'm fighting hard to
get us there, but we really are in better shape than before.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora