reckoning (was: coverity code checker in extras)

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Thu Aug 31 18:12:12 UTC 2006

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006, Josh Boyer wrote:

>> There will be a reckoning.
>>
>> oh yes, there will be a reckoning.
>
> I look forward to the day.  :)

Stay tuned, Josh.  I just need the cycles to write up and start spreading
around my vision, but it's coming soon (next couple weeks).

But here's one little preview, in the form of a question:

Without impacting (or even touching) the current FC6 build process, what
is stopping us from completely building the entire Fedora distro on a
non-internal to Red Hat buildsystem?  The Fedora Unity guys have pretty
much figured this out, right?

I believe a compose tool is a big piece.  How hard is something like that
to engineer?  What else are we blocking on?

For those of you who watch Entourage: "If I were to say to you that post
FC6, I want to be able to spin the entire Fedora distro in our external
build system, is that something you would be interested in?"

Tell me what we need, and I'll get it.

--Max

--
Max Spevack