Re: coverity code checker in Extras

On 8/31/06, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
I think the easiest solution at the current time is to run the Coverity
scans on one or two parallel machines that harvest successful build
results from the actual Extras buildsystem, and which non-Red Hat people
don't have shell access to.  Furthermore, this ensures that released
Extras packages are fully externally reproducible, since the Coverity
scanner sits between the build scripts and GCC.  The web-based reports
portal would be still be accessible to package maintainers of course.

My zealotry is appeased with a parallel setup to hosts the scanning
software in this manner.

-jef"Note to self, do not wear your funny hat with plush moose antlers
during moose hunting season when you work 25 miles outside of
town"spaleta