New Comps Groups

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 04:28:09 UTC 2006

On 12/1/06, Michel Salim <michel.salim at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it OK to add a package on behalf of someone else to the list, if
> it's "obvious"? TurboGears should go into Web Development too.

Here's  my personal feeling about that,  If you do it, you should
inform the maintainer(s) of the package that you did it. There may
sometimes be  "obvious" disagreements, about whether the change was
"obvious", after you make it.  So to minimize any inadvertant
maintainer-to-maintainer friction, let the other maintainer know and
let them know you'll revert the change without argument if they
disagree.  You can then argue about it in public, and shame them into
making the change.

-jef