Fedora Extras Package Build Report 2006-12-06

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Wed Dec 6 14:45:16 UTC 2006

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 08:27:01 -0600, Jeffrey C. Ollie wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 09:10 -0500, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> > >
> > > Packages built and released for Fedora Extras 6: 22
> > >
> > >     azureus-2.5.0.0-9.fc6
> >
> > Does this mean that it'll automatically be pushed out as an update?
>
> Yes. The only delay will be the delay it takes to mirror the files from
> an internal server to the public servers.

Not really.

When you see the build report sent to this list, the packages *are*
available at the public master repository already, i.e. the
fedoraproject.org server at RDU.

 From there, they are synced periodically to download.fedora.redhat.com,
and when that happes is beyond the control of those who can push new
builds to fedoraproject.org.

Further, there is no Extras Updates system except for the script(s) we use
for signing/publishing packages. Luke Macken is working on a web-based and
database-driven updates system. But based on what he has checked in into
fedora cvs, not much is available yet. It looks like it is programmed from
scratch, and since there is no packagedb yet either, it will likely take
some time before something usable becomes available.

HTH.