Building against development branch's Python 2.5

Michel Salim michel.salim at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 18:10:16 UTC 2006

2006/12/9, Michel Salim <michel.salim at gmail.com>:
> The Django package builds fine for FE6, but when I tried rebuilding it
> against -development I get an error:

<snip>
> It was being built on the PPC build server, and the development tree
> for PPC has both the 32- and 64-bit python-devel RPMs available. Could
> it be that the build server installs python-setuptools compiled
> against the 32-bit PPC version of python-devel, but the build server
> has the 64-bit python-devel RPM installed?

Ah, of course: python-setuptools for development-ppc was probably
built before Python 2.5 was pushed into the repository (the timestamp
differs by over 10 hours).

--
Michel Salim
http://hircus.wordpress.com/

My theology, briefly, is that the universe was dictated but not signed.
                -- Christopher Morley