clement is a yum repository?

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Dec 15 11:56:47 UTC 2006

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote :

> > So the maintainer tweaked their local copy of the spec, built an SRPM
> > and used cvs-import.sh to import it, hence losing Tibbs' earlier fix
> > that removed the repo file. Looks ignorant/careless rather than
> > malicious to me.
>
> Agreed, that's why I strongly dislike cvs-import.sh for anything else
> other than the first import. I'd like to forbid using it for everything
> else, but I know people like to use it. Maybe we should enhance it so it
> displays the cvs diff with less before the actually commit? Sure, people
> still can ignore it, but its still better than nothing.

I couldn't agree more! Using cvs-import.sh for anything else than the
first import is clearly dangerous, in the sense that it won't warn or
otherwise notify the packager when overwriting the repository content
with files from a source package which was based on an outdated local
copy.

I don't think the cvs-import.sh was even meant for anything else than
the initial import, and using it after that is probably somewhat
abusing it...

I would definitely agree with disallowing its usage when some content
already exists in the repository.

Oh, it also spits out useless output and emails to the cvs lists...

Matthias

Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) - Linux kernel 2.6.18-1.2835.fc6
Load : 1.22 0.97 0.69