compat-guile-devel conflicts with guile-devel

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Dec 16 16:09:38 UTC 2006

Rex Dieter schrieb:
> Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
>> I'm looking forward to package compat-guile (based on guile-1.6) for
>> FE, since some modules of geda packages are broken with the guile-1.8.
>> SPEC and SRPM: http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~chit/compat-guile/
>> these will output : compat-guile and compat-guile-devel.
>> However my problem is that compat-guile-devel conflicts with guile-devel.

Just wondering: are you talking about in-tree packages? If not I'd say:
Simply don't ship the devel stuff...

> If possible, you should try forcing installation into a different
> non-conflicting location.  Unfortunately, you'd most likely have to
> patch apps that use it to look in the alternative location.
>
> If that ends up being unreasonably difficult, I have no problem with
> them (explicitly) conflicting.

/me would feel way saver if we could maintain a detailed list of
situation like this where conflicts might be okay; I somewhat think the
section "When you must use Conflicts" on
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Conflicts
needs to be more verbose...

CU
thl