clement is a yum repository?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Dec 21 23:33:42 UTC 2006

Le jeudi 21 décembre 2006 à 17:41 -0500, Jesse Keating a écrit :
> On Thursday 21 December 2006 17:18, Jean-Marc Pigeon wrote:
> >         Is my understanding correct, the sys-admin need to
> >         take a repos definition somewhere in doc and
> >         place it in /etc/yum.repos.d ???
> >         yet another level of data dispersion/confusion
>
> Yes, the sys-admin needs to make a conscious decision to install/enable that
> repo, one that couldn't accidentally be made by an --enablerepo=\*

IMHO that just proves mixing policy (enable/disable) and repo info
(name, uris, description, expected key) in the same files was a bad
idea.

Projects should be able to advertise repositories without risking ending
up in active lists without admin decision (disabled but in --enablerepo=
\* is just a weaker enable state). Most recent update systems allow
channel discovery.

--
Nicolas Mailhot