Howto print message on rpm install?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Dec 27 05:40:00 UTC 2006

Jeffrey C. Ollie schrieb:
> On Tue, 2006-12-26 at 14:55 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> BTW, I think there was already a consensus some months ago to disallow
>> output from the rpm scripts entirely. But it never found the way into
>> the guidelines afaics :-/
> Maybe there was an agreement on non-error messages, but error messages
> should be allowed in certain circumstances.

Well, allowed maybe, but it IMHO does not make to much sense for the
same reasons (you won't see them in nightly yum updates, front ends like
pirut won't show them and you often won't even see them in plain yum as
they often scroll away quite soon due to the output from installing
other packages, ...), so you should not rely on them.

CU
thl