libopts

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Dec 27 20:37:46 UTC 2006

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 16:18:42 +0000
paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk (Paul) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > > Yeah, that header isn't available in autogen-devel.
> > > Can you file a bug against autogen about it?
> >
> > autogen is not in bugzilla.
>
> Um, it is. I can see it infront of me. Fedora Extras - comes between
> autobuild-applet and autossh.
>
> What puzzles me more is why it fails to build under the PPC (FC5)
> which is why it's not building happily under FC5 wholesale.

Where do you see that?

http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/build-status/job.psp?uid=24500
Did indeed fail on ppc. That was after I requested the removal of
libopts-devel from the repo, and it was still listed as a buildrequires
for autogen. It just happened to fail on ppc faster than the other
arches. They would all have failed.

http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/build-status/job.psp?uid=24510
Failed on x86_64

http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/build-status/job.psp?uid=24635
Failed on x86_64. It couldn't fail on ppc, since you ExcludeArch'ed it.

It looks to me like it's the smp_mflags bug that is also there on
fc6/devel....

so, I think you need to:

- Remove "ExcludeArch: ppc" as this should work on ppc.
- Remove the "%{?_smp_mflags}" from the make invocation.

I think it should then build.

> TTFN
>
> Paul

kevin