fuse and filename encodings

Andy Shevchenko andy at smile.org.ua
Sun Dec 31 06:29:31 UTC 2006

Hi, all and Peter Lemenkov!

I'm using nice fuse program. I've installed my linux box in the ru_RU.KOI8-R
locale and another in ru_RU.UTF-8. I've connection to the homenet ISP.
ISP provides ssh access to their ftp resource. But the remote server has
ru_RU.CP1251 locale. This locale is using for filenames respectively.
When I mount the resource by sshfs (fuse module) the files have
incorrect encoding in their own names. I try to localize the problem and
have found the fuse assumes FS charset as in current locale.

I've wrote small patch for fuse for fix this issue:
http://smile.org.ua/~andy/prj/patch/fuse-2.6.1-charset.diff

However, the above patch needs to be tested. It works for me (in my case),
but I don't have possibilities to make full testing.

Please, tell your opinions and test it.
Thanks.

--
With best regards,