New Comps Groups

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Dec 1 02:30:37 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 21:29 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 09:22:06PM -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > > The answer is to categorise everything, and let apps define the
> > > filtering they want separately.
> > And what provides the information as to whether something should be
> > filtered?  Hard-coded in anaconda?  That goes great with doing
> > derivatives...
>
> Ah-ha! It goes in the installclass, which shouldn't be hard-coded in
> Anaconda. :)

But to do "filtering", you basically end up

  ... (wait for it... :-)

re-creating comps as it is today.

So now, we're left with a file that the tools that we ship as defaults
use and then this other file.  And we have the same confusion that
exists today around "why can't I make use of the group tag" except that
it changes to "why can't I find things based on $new_file"

Jeremy