New Comps Groups

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Dec 1 02:33:51 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 11:10 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 10:53:48AM -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > (are we off-topic for extras-list yet? :)
>
> Maybe a little. We can take this anywhere you like. :)

It's far more suited for anaconda-devel-list.  Hence, reply-to set to me
so that this stops flooding here

> > There are definitely changes that need to happen with how the install
> > classes work...  moving the python files into the repo tree isn't the
> > answer, though, as that introduces whole new problems :)
>
> Yeah, but I think those are better problems :)

Not the sort of problems I was implying...

As they exist today, the installclass is very tied to internals of how
anaconda works and interacts in a pretty crufty way.  Doing this sort of
differentiation is more of a question of "how do I define the knobs
which make sense to tweak and then describe them" than "let's move some
python files".

There are also some uglies around translations, but I'll ignore those
for the moment :)

Jeremy