Adoption of alsa-tools

Tim Jackson lists at timj.co.uk
Fri Dec 1 12:33:08 UTC 2006

Linus Walleij wrote:

> I'm picking up the orpaned alsa-tools package. Appears I need it for

After discussion with Linus and THL, I have agreed to take this one (I
was already on it). See bug #217256.

However, I am having trouble getting it to build on ppc, with errors
like this:

/builddir/build/BUILD/alsa-tools-1.0.12/sb16_csp/cspctl.c:100: undefined
reference to `__invalid_size_argument_for_IOC'

(see jobs 22627 and 22645)

I *suspect* this might be because some (all?) of the tools don't
actually make sense on PPC, because it may be that it's physically
impossible to use them on PPC hardware, in which case an ExcludeArch
(or, skipping building specific tools for PPC) might be justified. (I
could be wrong here though; I know almost zero about PPC). However, in
any case, I would appreciate help from anyone who recognises this error,
and/or has PPC and can help me get to the bottom of it. Some web
searching hasn't immediately thrown up any answers.

TIA

Tim