Fedora Extras Package Build Report 2006-12-01

Parag N(पराग़) panemade at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 14:38:48 UTC 2006

Hi Jesse,
On 12/1/06, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Friday 01 December 2006 08:55, Jeffrey C. Ollie wrote:
> > > libnl-1.0-0.4.pre6.fc7 NEW
> >
> > This needs to be deleted from the Extras repo because it conflicts with
> > libnl from Core.
>
> How did that make it through review?
       That was my mistake. I used to review other's review requests.
Since last 2 weeks i feel i can accept other's packages too. But i
think i took concept of confliction in wrong way. I have seen many
packages in FE meant for temporary till some thing major change
happens to next release(for example kmod packages, also there are some
new review requests to backport new functionality not in core to
extras.) In similar way i thought user can always upgrade package as
Core contains old versions and extras contains new one.
I hope i explained here what leads me to accept that package. Seems my
understanding was totally wrong.
Regards,
Parag.